Frequently Asked Questions

Don’t see your question below? Contact us and we will get back to you!

Q: I’m thinking about buying a boat, but I want to make sure I have a place to put it first. Can I apply for a slip before I buy my boat?
A: Unfortunately, you cannot apply for a slip without first providing documentation for a vessel registered in your name.

Q: How long is the waiting list for a slip?
A: Wait times are constantly changing and therefore uncertain.

Q: Can I live on my boat?
A: You may stay overnight on your vessel two nights per week. Live-aboard arrangements are not allowed in this harbor.

Q: Can I stay on my boat if I am cruising?
A: If you are cruising and have made arrangements in advance with the harbor office, you may stay aboard your vessel for 90 days.

Q: Can I employ a security watch to stay on my boat overnight?
A: Yes, with the approval of the harbormaster. Complete and submit the Request for Security Watch.

Q: Does the harbor accept credit or debit card payments?
A: No. We accept checks, money orders and cashier’s checks.

Q: How do I set up electricity for my slip?
A: Contact Hawaiʻian Electric (HECO) with your slip number to set up your account. If needed, the harbor office can provide meter numbers. If you choose to arrange electric service through the harbor office, you will be required to pay a 25% surcharge.

Q: Can I move my boat to a different slip?
A: Yes, with the approval of the harbormaster. Submit a Request for Slip Transfer form, and we’ll put you on the wait list for your requested slip.

Q: What is the draft in the harbor?
A: 20 feet

Q: What is the difference between a commercial permit and a recreational permit?
A: A recreational permit, good for 90 days, allows you to operate your vessel for pleasure only. You may not use the vessel for commercial operations of any kind. A commercial permit, good for one year, allows you to operate your vessel commercially.

Have Any Questions?